Is it possible that one of Canada’s preeminent politicians has given us a glimpse into the future?
- A future where the degenerate, rainbow ideology of the radical left has lost its allure even for Mr. and Mrs. Average?
- A future where mainstream politicians see a future for themselves by challenging the destructive path that the country’s Communist rulers have put us on?
Let’s face it: People around the world are waking up. The range of acceptable political discussion, called the Overton Window, has been moving to the right for quite a while.
It started years ago in Europe with the hard right slowly making its presence known. Then the election of Donald Trump sent shock-waves through the Marxist world order. Trump and his compatriots were a result of change in the underlying mood of the people, a fundamental shift in their thinking.
A new politician is on the rise in the west. One that serves a people who demand an end to the insanity being promulgated by the radical left.
Now it’s Canada’s turn. Maxime Bernier, the man who came in second for the leadership of the federal Conservative Party, shocked the country when he stated an obvious truth about government-imposed “diversity” when he stated on Twitter:
Cultural balkanisation brings distrust, social conflict, and potentially violence, as we are seeing everywhere. It’s time we reverse this trend before the situation gets worse. More diversity will not be our strength, it will destroy what has made us such a great country.
More diversity will not be our strength. Bravo, Mr. Bernier! Our man-girl drama teacher Prime Minister will not be at all pleased with your xenophobic, misogynistic, racist, tweet.
Then he asks:
But why should we promote ever more diversity? If anything and everything is Canadian, does being Canadian mean something? Shouldn’t we emphasize our cultural traditions, what we have built and have in common, what makes us different from other cultures and societies?
Very good questions, indeed.
These are questions that would have heretofore been impossible for a mainstream politician to ask. It is the movement of the Overton Window to the right that has made his questions permissible.
Bernier recently sponsored a federal petition that demands that Trudeau withdraw from the UN’s “Global Compact Migration.”
To the left’s dismay, he may be handsomely rewarded for his boldness. After all, he is a calculating politician who has tested the mood of the crowd. He has decided it is time to poke the floundering balloon of political correctness, cultural Marxism and the genociding of our culture, values and way of life.
It is a good time to be on the hard right. The successes are only starting. There will be ups and downs along the way. Not every victory will be ours. However, as more people are driven to the hard right by the intolerable insanity of the radical left, our future is looking brighter, indeed.
Mr. Bernier’s tweets are copied here for your enjoyment because there is little doubt that when the Twitter user policy changes, they will be long gone!
- 1/ Trudeau keeps pushing his “diversity is our strength” slogan. Yes, Canada is a huge and diverse country. This diversity is part of us and should be celebrated. But where do we draw the line?
- 2/ Ethnic, religious, linguistic, sexual and other minorities were unjustly repressed in the past. We’ve done a lot to redress those injustices and give everyone equal rights. Canada is today one of the countries where people have the most freedom to express their identity.
- 3/ But why should we promote ever more diversity? If anything and everything is Canadian, does being Canadian mean something? Shouldn’t we emphasize our cultural traditions, what we have built and have in common, what makes us different from other cultures and societies?
- 4/ Having people live among us who reject basic Western values such as freedom, equality, tolerance and openness doesn’t make us strong. People who refuse to integrate into our society and want to live apart in their ghetto don’t make our society strong.
- 5/ Trudeau’s extreme multiculturalism and cult of diversity will divide us into little tribes that have less and less in common, apart from their dependence on government in Ottawa. These tribes become political clienteles to be bought with taxpayers $ and special privileges.
- 6/ Cultural balkanisation brings distrust, social conflict, and potentially violence, as we are seeing everywhere. It’s time we reverse this trend before the situation gets worse. More diversity will not be our strength, it will destroy what has made us such a great country.